Frequently Asked Questions 

Does this conference count for my Level III requirements?
Yes. Make sure to attend one of the sessions and sign in on the class attendance sheet. You will be issued a Participation Letter for your file after the conference concludes.

Who may I invite to dinner?
All friends and family are invited. Cadets may bring parents, guardians, or family only, but every attendee must purchase a ticket.

I want to watch a friend or family member receive an award, but I don't want to pay for dinner. Can I come to the banquet and just not eat?
Due to venue policy regarding banquets, EVERY person attending the banquet must have a ticket to be in the banquet hall. This is a firm policy with no exceptions. 

Who do I ask about Workshops?
All questions related to the workshops and scheduling should be directed to Lt Col Karin Ralph at

What do I wear?
See applicable tab above.

What is the cancellation & refund policy?
To manage your registration, transfer your ticket to another person, or request a refund (prior to November 2, 2018 at 1700 hrs), you can manage your account here.

Registration will close November 2, 2018, at 1700 hrs PDT. No refunds or transfers after this date. 

How do I get on to Joint Base Lewis-McChord?
MEMBERS: When entering McChord, a Cadet or adult CAP Officer’s CAPID and Driver’s License should be sufficient to access the Base.

NON-MEMBERS: Non-members escorted in a CAP member's vehicle only require valid identification. Otherwise, please plan for up to a 30-minute stop at the Visitor's Center prior to the banquet. 
  • You must have photo ID without a statement that it is not valid for federal access (old license or new enhanced is okay) OR you must have two forms of ID.
  • Drivers must have current license (see above) Vehicle Registration, and Proof of Insurance.
  • If parents are dropping off cadets, please stop at Visitor Center before entering the base to get a Visitor Pass. To obtain a Visitor Pass, you must have with you an Enhanced Driver’s License, Vehicle Registration, and Proof of Insurance. A passport may take the place of the Enhanced ID.